Monday, October 10, 2016

SYTYCD Blog Only Teaser

“Edward!” called Alistair. “Come into the office. Please!”

I walked into the production office. Carmen was inside, along with Chloe. “Everything okay?” I asked, sitting down.

“Perfect, really. We’ve been offered to do another season,” Alistair beamed. “I was wondering if you’d like to continue working with us, as a choreographer and as an All-Star?”

“I’d be honored,” I chuckled. “This season has been awesome and the challenge of choreographing is beyond any description.”

Carmen clapped her hands, bouncing in her chair. “Which brings us to our next little tidbit of information. You’ve been nominated for an Emmy.”

“Say what?” I squeaked.

“For the party salsa group routine,” Carmen nodded. “And you’re in good company, too. Travis, Sonya and Nappy Tabs are also up for Emmy’s as well. Congratulations!”

“Plus, Chloe is up for best host of a reality show,” Alistair added, patting Chloe on the knee. “We’ve got a lot of things to celebrate!”

“And So You Think You Can Dance is up for best reality show,” Chloe smirked. “Lots of accolades. Congratulations, Edward.”

“Thanks. You, as well,” I smiled. “Talk about surreal.”

“You’re hitting it big, kid,” Carmen squealed. “You were on the hot tamale train when you competed and it’s transferring over to your professional career.”

“And let’s not forget the love connection,” Alistair snickered.

“I’m going,” I sang, getting up. “I have to warm up before Bella and I rehearse today.” I waved, leaving the office. Inside my rehearsal studio, I was micced up and did some quick stretches before Bella arrived. We reviewed what we learned and then spent some time getting fitted for our costumes. After that, we performed our foxtrot as many times as we were able before Bella went to go rehearse with Alice on the stage with Sonya.

Alice behaved herself, but she was distant with Sonya and Bella. Bella was happy about that, whereas Sonya wanted Alice to really get into the piece. Alice seemed uninterested and she stomped away at the end of the rehearsal when Jasper appeared to work with Bella on their Bollywood number. I could tell that Bella was tired, but she muscled through. However, when we practiced our hip hop number with Tabitha and Napoleon, Bella was favoring her knee and not dancing full-out.

“Okay, folks, tomorrow, we’re doing camera blocking and finalizing our choices for costumes. We’ll be spending most of our time in here,” Alistair said. “Take care of yourselves and get a good night’s sleep.”

“If only I could walk,” Bella grumbled. She noticeably limped and I swept her off her feet. “Really?”

“You’re getting massaged and spending time with the physical therapists,” I argued.

“I agree and I’ve got the doctor on his way,” Alistair said, arching a brow over his thick glasses. Bella didn’t respond as I carried her to the backstage area with the massage tables. A small woman with sleek black hair and funky glasses, Maureen, worked on Bella. Alistair came in with a doctor, not the one who had worked on her before and they made the decision to give Bella a steroid shot in her knee. However, they’d give it to her tomorrow night since there would be no rehearsals the morning of the taping. It would give Bella an opportunity to adjust to the steroid shot. However, Alistair insisted on Bella coming back to my apartment with me. I didn’t argue and neither did Bella, saying she didn’t want to spend the evening with Alice, who was acting like queen bitch all during their rehearsal.

However, as I was carrying Bella out of the studio, I saw Alice glaring at us and something swirling in her eyes. I didn’t know what it was, but certainly it was something that was no good.


No comments:

Post a Comment