Thursday, June 2, 2016

So You Think You Can Dance Teaser

“Is it me or is Alice acting more secretive?” Rose asked as we sat down during our final rehearsal with Sonya. “She’s being all weird.

“Define weird,” I said, stretching out my knee. It had been tight the past few days. The therapists worked with me to keep it loose, but it was still bothering me. Plus, the rare three days of rain in Los Angeles was the main culprit along with the insane rehearsal schedule.

“Weird, like on the phone all of the time and acting nice to most of us … well, except you,” Rose replied, arching a perfectly sculpted brow toward me.

“That’s normal, Rose,” I snorted. “I’m used to her snide comments, ire-filled glares and sneaky behavior. I constantly have my eye on her since she’s such a bitch. I don’t want her to try something that would cause me permanent damage. You know?”

“Have you heard from your incubator?” Rose questioned, taking a healthy swig of her water.

“Oh, yes. She’s bitching about everything, but I’m not really talking to her. I just delete her voicemails and erase her text messages. However, I’ve seen a few of them before they were erased from my phone. Why did she come if all she was going to do was complain?” I sighed, confused as hell. Shaking my head and tossing my sweaty hair up into a messy, sloppy bun, I leaned back. “Whatever. We have the dress rehearsal tomorrow and the show the day following. She’s leaving after that. She’s not staying for the results. At least, I don’t think she’s staying for the results. She never said that she was. I only got a ticket for the performance, not the results show.”

“Renee’s up to something, Bells,” Rose said cryptically.

“Probably, but I’m not worrying about it,” I countered.

“Okay, ladies, let’s run this one more time,” Sonya said, clapping her hands. “I think we’re good until your dress rehearsal tomorrow.”


We got into our open positions, waiting for the music to start. The Asian sitar began for ‘Pop, Drop and Roll,’ and our dance began in earnest. This piece was about geishas, dancing and interacting with each other. It was a fun piece, but hard on the knees since we did a lot of deep pliés. Thankfully, I did not have to interact with Alice. She was working with Tia and Maggie while I danced with Rose and Jessica. Our final run-through was successful and we were free until the dress rehearsal tomorrow afternoon. 



Girl's Dance ~ Contemporary/Jazz


No comments:

Post a Comment