Thursday, March 24, 2016

So You Think You Can Dance Teaser

“We should have gone to bed earlier,” Rose hissed, walking up the stairs. “Tomorrow is going to suck. We have rehearsal for that hip hop group number at nine.”

“It’s only midnight,” Kate said. Kate was a contemporary dancer. She was partnered up with a fellow contemporary dancer, Garrett. They had had a rough night. Garrett had dropped her in one of the lifts for their dance. Kate had a huge bruise on her hip and we spent most of the night in the hot tub, soothing our sore muscles. “Besides, if I had to guess, most people saw my epic fail and I’m sure as hell not going to make it. I may as well take advantage of this posh pad for as long as I can.”

“Don’t say that,” I frowned. “You never know. You may get a ton of votes or you’re in the bottom and the judges save you.”

“Meh,” Kate shrugged. “I’m happy to make it this far. I even got a battle scar.” She reached her room, opening the door. “I’m okay with that. But, tomorrow is a new day and we’ll see what happens. See you tomorrow.”

“Good night, Kate,” Rose said. The door quietly shut and Rose turned to me. “Do you need me to act as your bodyguard from Bitch Queen?”

“Nah. She said she was going to get her beauty sleep. I’m going to quickly hose off the chlorine and then go to bed,” I said, hugging my best friend. “Love you, Ro.”

“Love you more, Bells,” she said, ducking into her own room.

Blowing out a breath, I slid into my bedroom. Alice was snoring, loudly. I grabbed my pajamas, using the light from my cell phone to maneuver around the room. Keeping the light on, I slipped into the bathroom and took a cursory shower before going back into my bedroom. I barely made any noise. Alice, thankfully, was still asleep and I crawled into my bed, drifting off into a deep sleep.
However, my sleep was interrupted at just after four in the morning. Alice was banging around the room, singing loudly to her iPod. After fifteen minutes, I sat up, glaring at her. “Do you mind?!” I barked.

She turned to me, pulling out her earbuds, smiling at me evilly. “You didn’t last night,” she snapped.

“I was quiet. I didn’t make any sound,” I growled. “I kept the lights off, UNLIKE YOU. I used my cell phone flash light and I didn’t …” I threw up my arms, grabbing my pillows and a blanket off the bed. “You are such a bitch, Alice. A backstabbing, petty bitch. You only worry about yourself and I can’t stand it.”

“Feeling’s mutual,” Alice smirked. “And no matter where you go, I’ll follow you. You disturbed my beauty sleep and I’m repaying the favor.”

I fell back onto the bed, covering my face with the pillows. She continued banging in the room and I tried, unsuccessfully, to get more sleep. Around eight, Alice finally went into the bathroom to take a shower. I managed to get some few moments of rest before the alarm went off. Begrudgingly, I got up and got dressed in some comfortable clothes. I used Angela and Rose’s bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. Going downstairs, I made myself a strong cup of coffee. Jasper was downstairs making his breakfast. He ate cheesy eggs and bacon every morning. “You look like hell, Little Bell,” he said. “Eggs?”

“No thanks,” I said, gripping my coffee mug like it was a lifeline. “I’ll stick with my usual breakfast of yogurt and granola. And thanks for the compliment, Mr. Whitlock.”

“Would you rather I sugarcoat? You’re a vision of loveliness with your black circles under your eyes and rat’s nest atop your head,” he snickered. I gave him the finger. He rolled his eyes, turning back to his breakfast. “Did you get any sleep last night?”

“Not a lot,” I sighed. “Your girlfriend decided to get up at four in the morning and was singing at the top of her lungs.”


“So that’s why the dogs were howling at o’dark thirty,” Jasper laughed. “And she’s not my girlfriend. She’s cute, but crazy. Completely certifiable.”

No comments:

Post a Comment