Thursday, August 18, 2016

So You Think You Can Dance Teaser

I rolled my eyes, agreeing to pick him up. I made it back to my apartment with enough time to hose off the sweat. I grabbed a protein bar and some water, making my way to the car. Peter was waiting for me and I drove us to the studio. We went backstage. I had my costume checked, tightening it in a few spots. Peter just hung out since Jessica, his contestant, was eliminated. Though, he was on deck to step in for any male All-Star in case of injury. Benji, the guy partnered with Alice, was dealing with a calf injury, but was muscling through it.

“Edward! We need you!” barked the stage manager. “You and Bella are opening up the show!”

“Shit,” I grumbled, grabbing the hat and letting the costumer affix it my head. Darting out to the stage, Alistair arched a brow with a grin. “Sorry. My run this morning went a little long.”

“It’s not a big deal, Edward,” he chuckled. “You both ready?”

“Yes,” Bella said, her voice wavering. She was still freaking out about the hotel cart.

“Okay, we’re going to run this twice,” Alistair barked and we went off stage.

“You okay, Bella?” I asked.

“My knee is hurting,” she said, gesturing to her braced leg. “I spent some time with the physical therapists, but I woke up with it being swollen and a lot of discomfort. I may have to have a steroid injection, but I don’t want to resort to that.”

“Guys, you’re on in three … two … go!” one of the production assistants whispered. We rolled out and danced our hip hop routine. I could tell that Bella was marking it and there was a tight look in her eyes. We finished our performance and waited for the proverbial audience to finish their applause.

“Bella, are you okay?” Alistair asked, walking onto the stage.

“I’m hurting, but I’ll be fine,” Bella said, favoring her leg.

“Chris, did you get what you needed for these two?” Alistair asked the director.

“Definitely. We may add a steady cam in the middle, but you guys will be fine,” Chris answered.

“Go to the physical therapist, Bella. You’ve got time before you have to perform with Jasper,” Alistair said, rubbing her arms. He gave me a look and I swept her in my arms.

“Edward! I can walk,” she laughed.

“Too bad,” I snickered. Carrying her to the back, Ryan spent a half hour massaging Bella’s leg and then giving her some stim and ice. She wasn’t as stiff as before, but she was still in discomfort. “Tonight … you have a date with my hot tub, Swan.”

“Okay, okay,” she grumbled. “Do you think I’ll need the cortisone shot, Ryan?”


“I’ll call the doctor to have him examine you before your performance,” Ryan said. “Let me know how you feel tomorrow or send me a text if it feels worse.”

Edward and Bella, Hip Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment