Sunday, January 24, 2016

SYTYCD Blog Only Teaser

I sat next to Irina, watching the auditions. They truly were bad. There was one guy, who had to be at least forty, with long hair stuffed into his turtleneck, glasses and his shorts pulled up to his armpits that went by the name ‘Sex.’ He believed he was God’s gift to the dancing community, when in reality, he was uncoordinated, awkward and just plain bad. When Alistair said that it was a no for both choreography and Los Angeles, Sex had a temper tantrum, calling Alistair a British blowhard. The cuss words that spilled out of the man’s mouth were obscene and he was pulled from the stage.
Following that debacle, a tall, muscular dancing walked up on stage. He had long hair, pulled back into a low ponytail. His skin was a deep russet and his smile was bright and wide.
“Good afternoon,” Alistair said, his voice weary.
“I’m sorry about that,” the man said.
“It’s not your fault. What’s your name?” Alistair replied, giving him a smile.
“My name is Jacob. Jacob Black,” he nodded.
“How long have you been dancing, Jacob?” Carmen asked.
“Not very long. I started when I was in high school. I was on the football team and I stumbled over my feet more times than not. My coach suggested I take dancing lessons to work on my coordination. I did and I was hooked. I quit the team, focusing on becoming a better dancer,” Jacob snickered. “I’ll admit that I’m still learning, but I’m willing to try anything you give me.”

“Well, let’s see what you got, Jacob,” Alistair nodded. Jacob grinned, stepping back and stopping stage right. He got into his opening pose. “And cue music.”

Sex

Jacob Black

 
Jacob's Audition Music

No comments:

Post a Comment